- Ensemble performance: chamber music and large ensembles.
- The opportunity to study with YAP Artist Faculty and MGSA Collegiate faculty.
- Young Artist Forums presented by leading performing artists, instructors and members of the music industry
- Performance opportunities at Rutgers University and in the community.
All ensembles require a minimum enrollment of 3 participants. Duos are considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Violin Ensemble
- Classical Guitar Ensemble
- Cello Ensemble (view syllabus)
- Saxophone Ensemble
- Flute Ensemble
- Brass Ensemble
- String trios, quartets, and larger ensemble configurations
- Mixed ensembles including combinations of the following instruments: strings, woodwind, piano, brass, classical guitar, and harp
All groups will receive certificates of merit based on attendance, improvements throughout the year, workshop participation, and performances. All groups will be given the opportunity to perform on our yearly recitals as well as additional opportunities at libraries, residential facilities, and other places that will be arranged. Those groups that meet the eligibility guidelines will have the opportunity to be sponsored for the National Young Artists Chamber Music and Ensemble Competition which is run by the National League of Performing Arts, Inc.
- All who audition for Young Artist Program will be accepted pending availability of appropriate chamber music placement.
- The Young Artist Program is open to instrumentalists and composers, ages 9-18, and vocalists ages 14-20.